What’s the Difference Between Having Pride and Being a Bold Warrior for Christ?
Written by Christi Given | November 24, 2015
Every week, I go through the “Girl Talk” section of Project Inspired and look for those seeking advice and counsel. I want to help answer some questions you may have about living out your Christian life and walk of faith! We want PI to be a safe place where you can ask questions.
Join our Girl Talk forum by clicking here.
A PI Girl recently asked how she can be a warrior for Christ. Read the post here.
There is a difference between being proud, arrogant, haughty or self-righteous and being bold in the Lord. There is a time for us to be courageous, to be brave and to lift our head high, not in pride, but in who are in Jesus Christ. We are daughters of the King, and are considered royalty! We need to walk with confidence and go to God’s throne boldly, knowing He hears us. Let us be unshakable in our identity and never compare ourselves to others, amen?
It’s important to know what a God-confidence, or royal attitude, is versus pride. The Lord says that there are six things he hates, which are a proud look, a lying tongue and four other things the Lord detests, so of course arrogance is not what we are aiming for (Proverbs 6:17). We need to be confident in our God-given calling and also walk in alignment with the truth, while not falling into pride.
Here are 10 verses on humility, pride and being bold in the Lord:
1. Hebrews 4:16: “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
2. James 4:10: “Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.”
3. Proverbs 28:1: “The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.”
4. 1 Peter 2:9: “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that YOU may declare the praises of Him who called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.”
5. Deuteronomy 31:6: “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you and He will not fail you or forsake you.”
6. Proverbs 3:26: “For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.”
7. Acts 1:8: “…but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
8. Proverbs 14:26: “In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, and his children will have refuge.”
9. Hebrews 10:38: “Now the just shall live by FAITH, but if any man draw back [shrink back], my soul shall have no pleasure in him.”
10. Joshua 1:9: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
PI Girls, do you walk in a godly confidence or do you shrink back in fear? Let’s walk in humility and in faith so we can be more than conquerors and lights in the darkness, amen? Comment below if you need prayer.