Hey girls! This year many of you expressed a desire to be challenged more to grow in your faith. On January 7th many of you decided to take part in PI’s Book-a-Week Bible Challenge; so far we’ve read through Philemon, Ruth, Ephesians and Ezra. If you started the week this challenge posted, then you should be reading Ecclesiastes right now. I hope you girls are enjoying the challenge and I hope you find it encouraging to realize that you can read whole books of the Bible even with busy schedules.
Another important way for us to grow in our faith is by committing the word of God to memory. When we do this we’re able to call to mind God’s comfort and advice when we’re faced with difficult decisions or hard times. So with that in mind I’m presenting you this Books of the Bible quiz!
Many (but not all) of these questions will be from the books that are part of the Book-a-Week Bible Challenge. If you haven’t decided to participate in that challenge, then I hope this quiz will inspire you to check out some of the books we’re reading for the Bible challenge.
As you read through the 10 questions, write down your answers and then check them against the answers below. No peeking!
- Which book talks about a slave named Onesimus?
- The events in this book take place during the time of Israel’s judges?
- Which book of the Bible chronicles Joseph’s descent into slavery and rise to power in Egypt?
- This book, written by Solomon, laments everything in life done without God as “meaningless.” Which book is it?
- Which set of Old Testament books contain the condensed history of the nation of Israel?
- The Lord moved the heart of King Cyrus of Persia to allow the Israelites to return to Jerusalem in order to rebuild their temple in which book?
- Which Old Testament book contains a famous passage on tithing? (Hint: the passage is in chapter 3 of this book)
- Of the four New Testament gospels, three are considered the “Synoptic Gospels.” Which three gospels are they?
- What book is named for one of Paul’s followers who was left to minister to Christians in Crete?
- Chapter 1 of which New Testament letter talks about being “chosen” in Christ and “predestined” according to His plan?
- 1 & 2 Chronicles
- Matthew, Mark and Luke
8-10 correct – Bible Scholar! You rarely miss anything and you remember what you read. Fantastic work!
5-7 correct – Bible Student! You are committed to learning, and as you read and learn, you find that your skill at memorization is increasing as well. Nice job, keep up the excellent work!
4 or fewer correct – Bible Newbie! Congratulations, you are just beginning your deeper journey into God’s Word. Be excited for the many treasures in store for you to find as you continue to mine the riches of the Bible!
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled” – Matthew 5:6
How’d you score?!
More Stories Like This on Project Inspired: