Winter and New Year’s Eve Fashion Trends to Try This Season
Written by Christi Given | December 21, 2017
Whether you’re in your hometown or at your college dorm for the winter season, there will probably be festive activities to partake in for the holidays and New Year. Here are some inspiring looks for parties and festivities that are trending. What is your favorite look of the season, accessory or makeup look? Comment below!
1. Faux Fur: Fake furs are in style with an upscale dress or over your shoulders for a party. I love this look!
2. Metallics: Spaghetti-strap metallic dresses are in style. Make sure to check some out at H&M! These are great for New Year’s Eve parties.
3. Blazers: Pair these jackets with a dress or with jeans. Blazers can quickly add some chic, upscale professionalism or class to any outfit.
4. Velvet: Emerald green, deep burgundy and blood red are very in this season. I love a nice velvet top or dress.
5. Bomber Jacket: Sporty, athletic-looking jackets are in for any casual outfit, even over dresses this season with some bulky boots.
6. The Jumpsuit: Try an all-black onesie jumpsuit and pair it with a clutch, heels and earrings for a different NYE look.
7. Medi Skirt: The medium-length skirts are in, especially pleated style. Do you prefer skirts or dresses for New Year’s parties?
8. Pointy Silver Heels: Silver is a great color for winter. Whether it’s solid or sparkly silver, you will look ready to dance and to ring in the New Year in style!
9. Golden Highlights: No, not for your hair—for your cheeks! Singer Rihanna launched her new makeup line, and you can get the same glow with Fenty Beauty Killawatt Highlighter. Click here to purchase from Sephora.
Here is a much more reasonably priced highlighter for your cheeks by Wet n Wild (apply on cheekbones), which is $4.99 and less intense than the Killawatt Highlighter. Click here to purchase from Ulta.
10. Shiny Red Lips: We love this look from In Style’s New Year’s trends. I love a red lip on anyone, but the shine adds a nice gloss. Do you wear red or is it too bold for you?
PI Girls, what is your favorite look or trend? Comment below!