You Know You Grew Up in a Christian Home When…
Written by Project Inspired | May 14, 2015
If you grew up in a Christian home, chances are you experienced life a little differently than your non-Christian friends. Sure, it may have gotten a bit uncomfortable at times, but would you trade your Christian upbringing for anything else?! We didn’t think so! So sit back and enjoy this funny trip down memory lane.
You know you grew up in a Christian home when…
1. There were Bibles in every room of your house. Yes….even the restroom.
2. You remember waiting patiently for pre-meal prayers to conclude so that you could dig in and eat.
3. You knew that going to church EVERY Sunday was not optional, no matter how tired you were.
4. You had to pass up on meat every Friday during Lent. Oh, was that just me?
5. You’re familiar with that look your mom would give you in church. The one that let you know you would be getting in trouble when you got home.
6. Your siblings would be baptized and get all the praise, and you were over there like:
7. Your parents thought none of your friends were ever good enough for you.
8. Your dad would often say things like “No dating until after you’re married.”
9. You attempted to look good for church, but the sound of your dad saying, “Jill…JILL, JILL, JILL…” kept that from happening.
10. You found out your school crush was Christian and you nearly had a panic attack in your room…every night.
11. You owned a copy of Blue Like Jazz and passed it around to all of your friends like, whoa.
12. You were a dedicated fan of VeggieTales up until—wait, you’re still a dedicated VeggieTales fan, come on now!
13. Your classmates would be jamming out to blink-182 while you were grooving to Relient K’s “Sadie Hawkins Dance.”
14. The Message Bible was frowned upon in your home and to this day you’re not exactly sure why.
15. You would get home from church every Sunday and relax in front of the TV or read with your entire family. It was literally the greatest feeling ever.