We get it—you’re either super for or against Halloween. Each year we post about Halloween, and some go out of their way to defend it and others go out of their way to protest it. For Christians it’s an odd time of the year. Culture has taken the holiday and put a demonic spin on what was otherwise a fun day. Now, for me, I never much cared for the holiday myself, but I didn’t think it was not “of God,” either. As many of you know, I love to stir the pot a little bit. So here is my list of ways you know you’re a Christian on Halloween!
1. You could participate in your school’s costume day, but your pickings were slim for what costume you could wear.
2. You went (and still may go) to a church that has a “fall festival” party on Halloween and totes plays games like this:
3. Your parents didn’t want you trick-or-treating, so instead your mom made some epic caramel popcorn balls or caramel apples for you and your friend.
4. Your house was adorned with something like this:
5. When it comes to trick-or-treating, your parents are like…
6. This happens when you tell your friends that your family lets you go trick-or-treating:
7. You’re just conflicted about the whole thing.
8. When your friends bring up going to a haunted house, you’re like, “Nah,” but inside you’re like, “OHMYGOODNESS I WOULD NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!”
9. You know that some things, like devils and demons, are not joking matters.
10. You just did Halloween like everyone else, yup.